IAEE Announces Recipients of 20 Under 30 Awards
Honorees Receive Free Pass to Expo! Expo! 2012 in Orlando
DALLAS, 25 October 2012 – The International Association of Exhibitions and Events™ launched its 20 Under 30 awards program earlier this year to afford young professional exhibition organizers who may not be supported by their companies the opportunity to attend Expo! Expo! IAEE’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition to be held 4-6 December in Orlando, Fla. The program provides education for professional growth in the exhibitions and events industry and helps program participants become better, more productive employees. It is sponsored by the Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau and Austin Convention Center.
“This really is the opportunity of a lifetime for a professional at this stage of his or her development,” says IAEE President David DuBois, CMP, CAE, FASAE, CTA. “We cannot think of a better way to introduce young exhibitions and events professionals to the industry than by giving them the all-encompassing experience that is Expo! Expo! The abundance of education sessions, exposure to products and services providers, and networking opportunities is an excellent start to a fulfilling career in this industry.”
More than 40 applications were received and reviewed by a five-person panel of industry veterans who were evaluating applicants’ answers to the following questions:
- What influenced you to join the exhibitions and events community?
- What is your proudest accomplishment to this day?
- What do you hope to take away from Expo! Expo! IAEE’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition?
- As a future exhibitions and events industry organizer leader, what area(s) do you deem necessary for future success in this competitive marketplace?
The following individuals were selected as this year’s 20 Under 30:
- Jennifer Collins, Conference Manager, SHRM – Atlanta, managed by Meeting Expectations
- Kristin Dacey, Marketing Specialist, IDG World Expo
- Cindy Dixon, Digital Product Specialist, Hanley Wood Exhibitions
- Jessica Gago, Associate Marketing Manager, Fast Forward Event Productions
- Danielle Garvey, Assistant Manager, Convention Operations, National Restaurant Association
- Holly Hart, Associate Marketing Manager, Hanley Wood Exhibitions
- Vanessa Heavens, Conference Experience Specialist, MRA Services
- Stacy Landers, Exhibit Coordinator, MP Associates, Inc.
- Trinh Le, Meeting Planner, American Counseling Association
- Kelly Maguire, Meetings Manager, International Sign Association
- Elizabeth Malone, Dealer Market Supervisor, Orgill, Inc.
- William (Bill), McGlade, Manager, Exhibit Sales, International Sign Association
- Catherine Perkins, Event Services Coordinator, SmithBucklin
- Sanjay Prasad, Sales Executive, SME Canada (Society of Manufacturing Engineers Canada)
- Adam Royer, Manager, Exhibits and Sponsorships, NASSP
- Monica Sober, Conference Manager, National Association of Home Builders
- Katie Stern, Conference Manager, UBM Electronics
- Cassie Thompson, Senior Associate, SmithBucklin
- Christina Wade, Marketing Manager, Association of Equipment Manufacturers
- Kimberly Zonca, Registration Manager, National Business Media, Inc.
In addition to receiving a complimentary full registration to Expo! Expo! IAEE’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition and lodging for three nights ($1,419 value), honorees will be recognized throughout the annual meeting and formally at IAEE’s Expo! Expo! General Session on Wednesday, 5 December 2012.
Since 1928, IAEE continues to provide quality and value to its members through leadership, service, education and strong relationships. IAEE is the largest association of the exhibitions and events industry in the world, with a membership of show organizers, exhibitors and exhibition suppliers. Organizers of more than 20,000 exhibitions and buyer-seller events around the world are members of IAEE. Through the 2006 consolidation with the Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR), IAEE delivers valuable industry research reports. IAEE also supports the IAEE Public Events Council, The International Center for Exhibitor and Event Marketing, and the Exhibition and Event Industry Audit Commission, which are IAEE councils that provide products, programs and information to members. IAEE recognizes its strategic partners: American Airlines, ASP, Inc., Bearcom, Mexico Tourism Board, New Orleans Morial Convention Center, New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau, Orange County Convention Center and Visit Orlando, Vertical Nerve, Inc. and VoiceLogic. Visit www.iaee.com for more information.
Susan Brower, CMM, CCP
VP, Marketing & Communications
+1 (972) 687-9207