Recertification for Current CEMs
CEM Learning Program Recertification Requirements
CEMs must earn 15 credit hours during their three-year recertification cycle as well as submit a recertification application form and renewal fee to renew their CEM designation. Download a copy of the CEM Recertification Application.
CREDIT HOURS MAY BE EARNED FROM THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
CONTINUING EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Participate in industry–related, continuing professional development education that pertains to the CEM Blueprint within three-year recertification cycle.
- Course must be a minimum of one hour in length. One hour of education is equal to one credit hour.
- ICEEM Webinar - one credit hour
- A maximum of six hours may be requested for courses more than six hours in length.
- CEM Learning Program course = six credit hours per course
- IAEE Sales Academy or IAEE Marketing Academy = 12 credit hours each
- Krakoff Leadership Instititue or Krakoff Advanced Leadership Institute = 12 credit hours each
- Required 15 credit hours may all be earned from this category OR a total of 12 credit hours may be earned from this category combined with three credit hours from the ACTIVITIES category below.
- Contribute to the exhibitions and events industry and IAEE by participating in industry activities.
- Each activity is equal to one credit hour and a maximum of three credits may be earned from this category.
- Activities must be related to the exhibitions and events industry
- Active participation OR leadership role on an industry or IAEE board, committee, task force or chapter = one credit hour per term
- Published author (newsletters, blogs not eligible)
- Speaker at an exhibitions or events industry event = one credit hour for each hour of instruction
- IAEE Krakoff Leadership Institute or Each One Reach One Mentor = one credit hour
- Proctor a CEM Exam (outside of course instruction) = one credit hour
*IAEE CEM Faculty will earn three credits towards the activities section and three credits towards continuing education section for the first CEM course taught during their three-year recertification cycle. Each course taught after initial course will earn three credits towards continuing education section.
- Earn a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree within three-year recertification cycle.
- Required 15 credit hours may be earned all from this category.
All recertifying CEMs are required to submit a recertification application documenting the required 15 credit hours earned towards recertification. Completed applications are due on or before 31 December the year recertification is due. Anything over 15 hours may not be carried over to the next recertification cycle.
RECERTIFICATION RENEWAL FEE
Recertifying CEMs will pay a $200 renewal fee at the time the recertification application is submitted. The renewal fee and recertification application are due on or before 31 December the year recertification is due. Early renewals are eligible for a $50 discount. To qualify for the $50 discount, recertifying CEMs must submit the completed recertification application with the discounted $150 USD renewal fee on or before 15 October the year that recertification is due. All requirements must be submitted at the same time and incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
IN CASE OF AUDIT
Keep your documentation for six months after your recertification application has been approved in case you are selected for an audit. An IAEE staff person will contact you if documentation is needed.