Exhibition and Event Sales
In order to ensure the success of an event or exhibition, there are vital elements involved in the planning process that should be conducted from the ground up. No matter how successful or well respected an exhibition may be, it should be presented as if it were a first-time event – it is the marketing and selling equivalent of zero-based budgeting. This involves highlighting an event’s features and benefits, understanding the phases of the sales cycle and the need to support sales efforts with the appropriate tools and resources, and preparing the exhibition prospectus in a comprehensive and engaging way.
After completing this learning module the student should be able to:
- Explain the difference between marketing and the sales function
- Design an effective database to support selling efforts
- Plan and develop an effective sales plan with accompanying goals and strategies
- Create a unique selling proposition (USP) for an event
- Employ selling techniques to handle objections and close a sale
- Understand the importance of relationship selling
- Develop an integrated marketing campaign for an event
- Understand the role of sales as a key element in promotion programs
- Identify the key steps in the sales cycle
- Identify different pricing strategies
- Explain the importance of providing exhibitors with measurable ROI
Click the links on the right of this page to view other course descriptions.