Floor Plan Development
(Formerly Floor Plans & Layouts)
With every new or established exhibition there are basic steps taken during the initial planning and development stages that lay the groundwork for the entire event. One of the first critical steps is the development of a strategic and accurate floor plan. The floor plan is the working, design document that becomes the exhibition marketplace and is a selling tool used to attract the targeted, exhibitor base to a show.
After completing this module the student will be able to:
- Recall the importance of a well-designed and workable floor plan
- Identify the primary factors necessary to create a functional and workable floor plan that meets the sales goals and objectives and the needs of exhibitors and show management
- Analyze and evaluate past and current floor plans to identify strengths and weaknesses for improvements and necessary enhancements to future floor plans
- Identify the most common kinds of booths (or stands) used in a typical floor plan
- Recall the fire and safety codes and security and safety issues as they relate to floor plan development
- Identify factors that impact traffic flow on a floor plan
- Identify various space assignment systems and how they will affect the design
- Determine the exhibition’s target-market and industry-segment needs in order to develop a floor plan that meets exhibitor and attendee needs
- Design a workable floor plan for an exhibition
Click the links the links on the right of this page to view other course descriptions.