Krakoff Leadership Institute
Krakoff Leadership Institute
24 -26 August 2013
Co-Location with Southeastern Chapter Annual Southeastern Classic
Submissions due by Friday, 7 June 2013
Westin Hilton Head Island Resort and Spa
Hilton Head, SC
Good leaders are made not born.
There are certain things you must be, know, and do and these do not come naturally. Leaders are able to inspire and influence others to accomplish objectives and goals. Becoming an effective leader requires a relentless process of self-study, education, training, and experience.
IAEE provides a multiyear tailored education program for everyone who aspires to be involved with IAEE and obtain an industry or organizational leadership role. The multiyear education program includes the Krakoff Leadership Institute and the Krakoff Advanced Leadership Institute, which provide participants with the intelligence and connection they will need as tomorrow’s industry leaders. Both programs offer emerging leaders the opportunity to learn from industry experts while enjoying the intimacy of a small group learning environment designed to build lasting relationships.
The Krakoff Leadership Institute brings together individuals interested in learning more about themselves so they can get involved and become effective strategists, contributors, facilitators and the innovators. This highly interactive curriculum integrates theory and practice to ensure institute participants leave capable of both thinking better and doing better.
Through active participation, participants will gain a greater understanding of how to:
• Align personal and professional values as well as manage opposing values
• Leverage personal strengths and weaknesses (DISC) to promote and motivate excellence with differing work styles
• Form effective teams by recognizing barriers and integrating intervention techniques to achieve synergistic results
• Communicate effectively in a diverse and global industry to maximize value and decrease misunderstandings
• Address and manage conflict in the workplace with skill to minimize disruptions to work and to create a harmonious work environment
• Apply processes and tools to develop a strategic plan to navigate needs, trends, issues and develop solutions that deliver the greatest impact and value
• Evolve personal leadership skills through intentional self-evaluation
$549.00 - Members Only
IAEE’s Krakoff Leadership Institute, formerly the Future Leaders Institute, provides the intelligence and connection tomorrow’s leaders need in order to discuss issues with key decision makers and build strategic business relationships. The Institute develops leadership skills and broad industry knowledge for future leaders of the exhibitions and events industry, and it creates a close support network among participants and enhances motivational and communication skills.
What Past Participants Are Saying:
"The most beneficial aspect from KLI was gaining a deeper and more clear understanding about leadership - how to be a better listener, how to encourage team members to be a leader without me being 'in charge' and how to be better a communicator with my colleagues and clients. I am forever changed in my role as a leader as a result of the insights gained, lessons learned and the new relationships made – all as a result of the education gained from participating in KLI."
Donna Jarvis-Miller, CMP, CEM
Director, Programs & Marketing
"KLI provides the path to becoming a better leader and the understanding of the skills you will need along the journey."