CEIR Webinar: Outlook for the US B2B Exhibition Industry – Are We Closer to the Light at the End of the Tunnel?
June 10, 2021
- Moderator: Cathy Breden, CMP, CAE, CEM, CEO, CEIR
- Nancy Drapeau, PRC, VP of Research, CEIR
- Allen Shaw, PhD., President & Chief Economist, Global Economic Consulting Associates
Is the industry on track with forecasts shared during the CEIR January webinar or are improving conditions altering the forecast? Fall 2021 is sure to be busy for B2B exhibitions and how does this bode for the 2022 forecast? All this, as well as audience questions, will be addressed in this session.
What will be covered:
- CEIR Index Q1 2021 results and factors contributing to this outcome
- An updated scenario analysis of where CEIR economist Dr. Shaw expects the US economy and our industry will perform in 2021 through 2023
- Results of the May 2021 COVID-19 Impact and Recovery Survey with US B2B Exhibition Organizers
- Impact on staffing, outlook moving forward, rate of new hires and staff training plans
- Impact on the B2B exhibition schedule: cancellations, postponements and events still scheduled as planned
- Impact on event revenue due to cancellations and actions to offset losses due cancellations/postponements
- Among events postponed/still scheduled: extent of pivot to hybrid models, what content this includes
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. CT