Security, Risk and Crisis Management
March 17, 2017
Risk management is a continuing process that identifies, analyzes, evaluates, and addresses exposures and monitors risk. This involves evaluating the security needs for an event and if a crisis should occur, having a crisis management team in place to manage it.
After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
PART ONE: Security
- List security components of site selection
- Identify the security needs of exhibitions and events
- Identify essential elements of a request for proposal for a security vendor
- Evaluate security requests for proposal responses to hire a competent security contractor
PART TWO: Risk Management
- Explain the principles of risk management as related to insurance coverage
- List types of events and exhibition insurance
- Explain the concept of event cancellation insurance
- Generalize the importance of requiring certificates of insurance from exhibitors
- Explore the concept of protecting against losses
PART THREE: Crisis Management
- Define a crisis and understand how to prepare for a variety of crises
- Develop the basics of a crisis management plan
- Identify various types of threats
- Identify evaluation procedures for a crisis management plan
Registration is through the IAEE N. CA Chapter.
San Francisco, CA
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.