IAEE MATSO Council Announces 2016 Chairperson
November 30, 2015
Harar Outlines Initiatives for the Coming Year
DALLAS – The International Association of Exhibitions and Events™ (IAEE) announced today that Angela Harar, CEM, Senior Director, Shows for The Vision Council, will serve as 2016 Chairperson of the IAEE MATSO Council. The IAEE MATSO (Major American Trade Show Organizers) Council was formed in 2013 and focuses solely on the functions of operating major exhibitions and events, those shows in which large scale size (at least 200,000 net square feet) and complex needs require specific considerations.
“I am honored to follow in the footsteps of Chris Nemchek, who had the vision to merge MATSO as a council into IAEE and will now serve on its board,” said Harar.
Harar will focus on three initiatives during her tenure as chairperson:
- Increase MATSO visibility within the IAEE community;
- Increase the number of active participants in MATSO; and
- Ensure year-round content and engagement for members.
Organizers of not-for-profit and for-profit exhibitions with at least 200,000 net square feet of exhibition space who are members of IAEE are considered MATSO members and are therefore entitled to IAEE and MATSO benefits. Click here for more information about the IAEE MATSO Council and its member benefits.
Leaders of the 2016 IAEE MATSO Council also include:
- Immediate Past Chairperson Chris Nemchek, Sr V.P., Business Development & Member Relations, Specialty Food Association, Inc.
- Kelly Kilga, CEM, Director of Operations, Graphic Arts Show Company, Inc.
- Justine McVaney, SVP Event Planning & Operations, National Association of Broadcasters
- Stephen R. Pitt, Vice President, Conventions & Expositions, National Automobile Dealers Association
- Jim Pittas, Senior Vice President, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies (PMMI)
- Michelle Sanford, CEM, Director, Event Operations, Association of Equipment Manufacturers
- Camille C. Stern, SVP of Strategic Account Management, SPARGO, Inc.
About IAEE MATSO Council
The IAEE MATSO Council is comprised of exhibition organizers whose shows use at least 200,000 net square feet of exhibition space. The council provides a non-competitive environment for open discussion amongst members and focuses on all functional aspects of large show production based on a foundation of confidentiality and trust. Visit www.iaee.com/MATSO for more information.
Trusted since 1928, IAEE provides quality and value to its members through leadership, service, education and strong relationships. IAEE is the largest association of the exhibitions and events industry in the world, with a membership of show organizers, exhibitors and exhibition suppliers. Organizers of more than 20,000 exhibitions and buyer-seller events around the world are members of IAEE, and the organization advocates and promotes the awareness of face-to-face exhibitions and events as the primary medium for business development and growth. IAEE provides relevant, timely, and innovative education to its members and the industry. IAEE recognizes its strategic partners: 4imprint, BearCom, Buttine Exhibition Insurance, Convention News Television (CNTV), Delta Airlines, New Orleans & Company, New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Orange County Convention Center, Personify – A2Z Events, Streampoint Solutions and Synchronicities (Visit Anaheim, Visit Baltimore and Visit San Antonio). Visit www.iaee.com for more information.
Terri Phillips, CEM
IAEE MATSO Council
+1 (972) 687-9213