IAEE MATSO Council Welcomes 2019 Chairperson Justine McVaney
January 23, 2019
Save the Date for June Program
DALLAS, 23 January 2019 – The International Association of Exhibitions and Events™ (IAEE) Major American Trade Show Organizer (MATSO) Council has selected Justine McVaney, Senior Vice President, Event Planning & Operations for the National Association of Broadcasters as its 2019 Chairperson.
“I am looking forward to working with my fellow council members to elevate the platform for large show organizers to collaborate and learn from one another,” said McVaney. “By strengthening this community, we can share best practices, develop tools and provide innovative solutions that will positively impact the entire industry.”
McVaney is joined by new MATSO Council members:
- Lenay Gore, Senior Director – Meetings & Tradeshows, American Public Transportation Association;
- Tiffany Hale, Event Manager – Expo, National FFA Organization (Future Farmers of America); and
- John Rozum, Director, Ag Events & Show Director, Association of Equipment Manufacturers.
Continuing MATSO Council members include:
- Vice-Chairperson Mark Bogdansky, Senior Director, Meetings & Events, Auto Care Association;
- Immediate Past Chairperson Kelly Kilga, CEM, Vice President of Meetings & Events, Association for Print Technologies;
- Sacha Carey, CEM, Director Exhibition Sales & Operations, Water Environment Federation;
- John Catalano, Senior Director FABTECH, Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME);
- Iain Mackenzie, CEM, CMP, Vice President, Meetings & Events, International Sign Association;
- Connie Mikels, Director, Expositions, National Automobile Dealers Association ; and
- Kevin Murphy, CEM, Director, CES Operations, Consumer Technology Association.
MATSO’s most recent program was the MATSO Content & Cocktails at Expo! Expo! IAEE’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition 2018 held this past December in New Orleans, La., which featured targeted programming for MATSO members only.
MATSO is currently preparing for its 2019 MATSO Program, to be hosted by INFOCOMM 2019 on 12-13 June in Orlando, Fla. An informal evening meet-up will be arranged for those arriving 11 June. The program will feature timely and relevant sessions, peer sharing activities, and the opportunity to visit the INFOCOMM 2019 show floor to experience the latest in A/V technologies. The program’s agenda is for organizers who produce shows with 200,000 NSF or more. Registration for the 2019 MATSO Program will open soon and is free, but space is limited to 30 qualified attendees. Click here for more information.
About the IAEE MATSO Community
The IAEE MATSO Community is comprised of exhibition organizers whose shows use at least 200,000 net square feet of exhibition space. The group provides a non-competitive environment for open discussion amongst members and focuses on all functional aspects of large show production based on a foundation of confidentiality and trust. Visit www.iaee.com/MATSO for more information.
Trusted since 1928, IAEE provides quality and value to its members through leadership, service, education and strong relationships. IAEE is the largest association of the exhibitions and events industry in the world, with a membership of show organizers, exhibitors and exhibition suppliers. Organizers of more than 20,000 exhibitions and buyer-seller events around the world are members of IAEE, and the organization advocates and promotes the awareness of face-to-face exhibitions and events as the primary medium for business development and growth. IAEE provides relevant, timely, and innovative education to its members and the industry. IAEE recognizes its strategic partners: 4imprint, a2z, Inc., BearCom, Buttine Exhibition Insurance, Convention News Television (CNTV), Delta Airlines, New Orleans & Company, New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Orange County Convention Center, Streampoint Solutions and Synchronicities (Visit Anaheim, Visit Baltimore and Visit San Antonio). Visit www.iaee.com for more information.
Nicole Bowman, MBA
Vice President, Marketing & Communications, IAEE
+1 (972) 687-9207