By establishing a certified exhibition designation, IAEE is setting the “Gold Standard” for exhibitions and setting a broad set of best practices that all exhibitions should adhere to. This member driven initiative will certify an exhibition’s compliance with minimum standards of conduct and performance.
Standards include those that are fact based and easily confirmed and that bear upon customer service to attendees, exhibitors, contractors, and facilities in the broadest sense. Organizational candidates that meet all criteria will be awarded an IAEE “Certified Exhibition” graphic made available to them for their use on promotional materials.
IAEE will also announce newly designated exhibitions at regular intervals throughout the year via public relations, member communications, and social media.
Show requirements for an approved application include a combination of the following with points awarded for answers*:
- 1 or more active professional designations currently possessed or being pursued by exhibition staff (CEM, CAE, CMP, and CMM) or other exhibits related designations or certificates.
- Written statements of ethical practice and/or customer service standards that are aligned with IAEE’s Code of Ethics and communications to attendees and exhibitors?
- Do you monitor customer satisfaction through the use of 1 or more post show surveys?
- Utilization of technology; Are the following platforms and/or technology solutions utilized?
- Is exhibitor education provided?
- Is an independent unbiased assessment audit of verified attendance data conducted for the exhibition?
- Do you run a report on verified attendance and report verified attendance?
- Provide evidence of growth for year-over-year Attendance, net square feet (meters) of sold exhibit space, number of exhibitors for most recent 3 exhibitions.
- Is Room Pick-Up reported?
- Presence of industry education programming provided at the exhibition.
- Submission of published show data to an independent research aggregation or collection organization, such as CEIR in North America or equivalent outside of North America for most recent exhibition.
- Written evidence of a commitment to sustainable environmental practices
- Adherence to industry standards (i.e., ASTM and/or ISO 20121) for most recent exhibition.
- Do you have a written crisis and security plan?
- Do you have measures in place for Intellectual Property (IP) management/protection?
*Criteria is determined and subject to change per the IAEE Certified Exhibition Commission. Not all of the criteria listed above are required in order to obtain the designation.
Apply for your show to be certified here.