Event Technologies, headquartered in Huntington Beach, California, has worked in the exhibition industry for the past 15 years. It provides email and lead retrieval solutions to 60 events in multiple industries. The firm offers two main products: eShowMail, an email platform that enables exhibitors to send emails to opted in, registered attendees and their own customer and prospect lists and eShowLeads, a trade show lead retrieval system that lets exhibitors collect leads using their own Smartphone or tablet.
The International Association of Exhibits and Events (IAEE) represents over 10,000 individuals in 52 countries who conduct and support exhibitions around the world. IAEE’s annual Expo! Expo! Conference and Exhibition registered 1,932 attendees and hosted 274 exhibiting companies in 2017. IAEE wanted to provide exhibitors with an opportunity to send customized, pre-show HTML messages to attendees while protecting attendee privacy and preventing spam. They also wanted to manage the frequency and timing of the exhibitor emails, while promoting a new appointment-setting service that a different vendor provided.
Event Technologies developed a program for IAEE using eShowMail. The solution included these key elements:
- Strict confidentiality of the attendee email addresses
- Dedicated Event Technologies support representative for each exhibitor during the email creation process
- Ability for recipients to unsubscribe from all future program emails
- Adherence to a predetermined schedule of two (2) emails per day
- Exhibitor and IAEE approval before each email broadcast
- Real-time access to email statistics for both IAEE and the participating exhibitors
- Inclusion of a link to the appointment-setting service being marketed in every email
At Expo! Expo! 2017, 26 exhibitors participated in the program. Over 10,000 emails were sent with an open rate of 34% and a clickthrough rate of 10%. Over 60 people clicked on the link to the appointment-setting service. There is no cost for an organizer to offer this service. Exhibitors pay to use it, and many organizers add a margin to the base cost to turn eShowMail into a revenue generator or sponsorship opportunity.