President, National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Leadership Foundation and Chief Diversity Officer for NAM
Blazing Trails and Creating Pathways: Personal Insights on DE&I (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion)
In this insightful panel discussion, moderated by Michelle Duke, President of National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Leadership Foundation and Chief Diversity Officer for NAB, hear from a diverse group of executive women who have blazed trails, embraced opportunities and defeated odds to lead in their industries.
- Hear why they believe diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) is critical in the workplace;
- Gain insights on they have championed DE&I and created pathways for others;
- Gain tips on how you can advance DE&I within your own organization and community.
Amy E. Gallo
Thought Leader, Author, Speaker
Amy E. Gallo Consulting, Inc.
Navigating Conflict: How to Advocate for Yourself and Be Heard
Every day we navigate offices full of competing interests, clashing personalities, limited time and resources, and fragile egos. While some of us enjoy a lively debate with colleagues and others prefer to avoid disagreements, we all struggle with conflict at work. The good news is that it’s possible to have constructive conflict while also having strong relationships with our coworkers, bosses, and clients but that’s not always easy. So how can you deal with inevitable disagreements in a professional and productive way, especially as a woman?
In this talk, Amy combines management research and practical insights on difficult conversations, competition at work, and negotiations for women at work, while fostering a sense of belonging.
- A deeper understanding of the interpersonal dynamics, including gender dynamics, that affect collaboration;
- Increased confidence and comfort in building strong working relationships with clients, coworkers, and employees;
- Better awareness of your communication style and the impact on peers, direct reports, and clients.
Former Member of US Women’s National Soccer Team, Human Rights Activist & LGBTQ Adversity Speaker
Define Your Beauty: Harnessing the Power of Your Personal Uniqueness
Join Joanna Lohman as she shares her own personal journey through adversity and helps you gain insight into how you can define your beauty, diving into your heart and soul to discover the qualities that make you truly unique. Through real life stories of vulnerability and adversity, you learn to love what you contribute to the world.
- Discover and harness the power of your individuality;
- Gain confidence in sharing your beauty with others, in all aspects of your life, which in turn, inspires others to do the same.
- Create a community of belonging where everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Cindy McGovern, Ph.D.
CEO, Orange Leaf Consulting
The 1st Lady of Sales
Embarking on a Permission Mission: Giving Yourself the OK to Succeed
If you’re not yet where you want to be in your life and career, what’s holding you back? Most of us know the steps we need to take to move up to the next level, but often something gets in the way. The hold -ups come from many sources. And quite frequently that’s us feeling that we need to obtain “permission” to succeed.
Hear Dr. Cindy McGovern as she helps you navigate these internal channels, and find ways to challenge the inner voices that govern our lives. Whether your biggest goals are professional or personal, Dr. Cindy’s strategies will make your permission mission a successful one, while providing you the tools needed to connect the dots of your path, move forward and pursue what you want.
- Discover what holds us back from truly pursuing what we want.
- Explore how the “voices in your head” can work against you.
- Identify the obstacles holding you back from your high-level goals.
- Determine who you need “permission” from to move to the next level.
Alyson Van Hooser
Author, Keynote Speaker, Leadership Developer
Van Hooser Associates, Inc.
Stories, Not Statistics: Using Emotional Intelligence to Transform Multi-Generation Team Success
Leaders everywhere are scrambling to figure out how to lead, influence, and impact such a generationally diverse group of people. It’s been a struggle for decades, and the challenge is ever more increasing! Is there a practical solution? Absolutely!
Creating a deep connection is the foundation for success — whether it’s between you and a customer, or you and a team member. To begin building an authentic connection with people of any generation, you must start with the stories, not just statistics. It’s in a person’s individual stories, we will find answers to exactly what motivates and drives them. Stories Not Statistics will reveal the only future-proof leadership success strategy!
- Understand the mindsets motivating the 5 different generations.
- Discover the biggest mistake leaders make when engaging team members.
- Gain clarity on the most valuable skill leaders need to own.
- Break down the three stories every leader should “know and tell.”
- Deepen trust by learning the process for getting people — team members, co-workers, and customers — to open up.