Congratulations to Susan Schwartz, CEM – IAEE 2020 Legend of the Industry
IAEE announced the selection of Susan Schwartz, CEM as its 2020 Legend of the Industry. Each year, the Legend of the Industry is selected from IAEE members whose contributions, innovation and leadership have been truly unique and remarkable.
Bob Dallmeyer Education Fund Award Recipients
IAEE announced the 2020 recipients of the Bob Dallmeyer Education Fund Grant. The Bob Dallmeyer Education Fund supports exhibitions and events industry education and professional development by providing a challenging and engaging educational experience for young professionals, professionals new to the exhibitions and events industry, those that are intellectually curious about trends and opportunities, and those that are interested in learning about the global marketplace.
These women were selected because of their passion and commitment to enhancing their professional skills and we are proud to recognize and reward these individuals for their ongoing pursuit of excellence in our industry.
Shannon Binger, CEM
Sr. Manager, Meeting Services
American Thoracic Society
Dana Jasat, CEM
Manager, Exhibit Sales
International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA)
Farirai Nandipa Muregi
Farirai Nandipa Events
Helen Brett Scholarship Recipients
The Helen Brett™ Scholarship was established by Robert Kolinek, CEM, CMP, and named for his grandmother, Helen Brett, who was a pioneer in the trade show industry. The purpose of this scholarship is to assist individuals who are exploring the study of or working in the exhibitions and events management industry with the end goal of advancing their career in this field.
There were over 30 applications and 16 recipients, 13 of which, who are females, doing great things and striving for more, both personally and professionally!
- Danielle Bellettiere – University of Central Florida – Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- Rachel Figiela – Johnson & Wales University
- Sarah Gurney – Johnson & Wales University
- Alexandria LaRoche – California State University East Bay
- Isabella Matei – Johnson & Wales University
- Lydia Moreno – University of Central Florida – Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- Erica Nossaman – Iowa State University
- Amber Pankey – San Diego State University
- Summer Skyler Peggie – Central Michigan University
- Shiloh Schlauderaff – Iowa State University
- Sandra Serrant – San Diego State University – Payne School of Hospitality Management & Tourism – Master’s Program
- Rose Stanas – High Point University
- Linda Tong – Iowa State University