Exhibitions Mean Business Campaign Rallies Behind Go LIVE Together Coalition
May 21, 2020
Organizations Join to Bring Aid to the Trade Show and Live Events Industry
The Exhibitions Mean Business Campaign, managed by the International Association of Exhibitions and Events® (IAEE), proudly announces its support for Go LIVE Together, a coalition of 80 founding partners – representing over 4,000 companies with U.S. operations – who have joined forces to support legislative actions that will aid the industry’s recovery from COVID-19.
The Exhibitions Mean Business Campaign (EMB) represents the collective voice of the exhibitions and events industry. EMB brings to life the dynamic story of this industry by serving as a central resource for testimonials, information and data that demonstrate its value. Guided by members of the exhibitions and events ecosystem, EMB strives to more effectively educate and inform influencers of the power in face-to-face events.
By sharing success stories created by the face-to-face connections made at exhibitions and events, EMB amplifies the impact those connections have on our global, national and local economies. The campaign actively engages policymakers, business professionals, educators and young professionals to raise the overall awareness of the exhibition and events industry through a single, powerful voice.
“For nearly a decade, EMB has unified members of our industry in effectively communicating the value of exhibitions and events,” said IAEE President and CEO David DuBois, CMP, CAE, FASAE, CTA. “The goals of the Go LIVE Together Coalition align with EMB’s mission, therefore EMB is proud to lend its support by contributing $50,000 funded by EMB’s supporting donors.”
The Go LIVE Together Coalition is bound together by the belief that nothing in the world will ever replace the power and need for trade shows and live events. Events serve as a massive incubator for innovation and economic growth. Advocating for recovery funding will be essential – not only to the events industry – but to the healing and recovery efforts of the global economy, because:
- Live events contribute nearly $1 trillion to the U.S. economy annually, with events touching every major sector that makes up the U.S. GDP.
- In 2019, the events industry employed 3 million workers directly, with a total impact of close to 7 million jobs.
- The live events industry employs millions of union workers, general laborers, strategists, marketers, concession stand workers, entertainers, riggers, project managers and more.
- Over 80 percent of the companies that serve the live events industry are small, with many being women- and minority-owned businesses.
EMB extends its sincerest gratitude to the following contributing organizations and individuals:
- Access Intelligence LLC
- ASM Global (formerly SMG)
- Association of Equipment Manufacturers
- Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Center for Exhibition Industry Research
- Choose Chicago
- Consumer Technology Association/CES
- Destination DC
- Experience Grand Rapids
- Experient, a Maritz Global Events Company
- Explore St. Louis
- Greater Raleigh Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Hargrove, Inc.
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- HFI Event Services (Susan McCart)
- IAEE Midwestern Chapter
- International Association of Exhibitions & Events (IAEE)
- Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board
- Louisville Tourism
- Map Your Show
- Marriott International, Inc.
- McCormick Place
- MGM Resorts
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp. (Visit Music City)
- National Association of Broadcasters (NAB)
- National Shooting Sports Foundation
- New Orleans & Company and Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
- Northstar Media Group
- NYC & Company
- Orange County Convention Center
- Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Plastics Industry Association
- Promotional Products Association International (PPAI)
- Radiological Society of North America
- Reed Exhibitions
- Smart City Networks
- Society of Independent Show Organizers
- The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies
- The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino
- Tourism Toronto
- Trade Show Executive Magazine
- Visit Aurora
- Visit Fort Worth
- Visit Phoenix
- Visit Pittsburgh
- Visit San Antonio
- Sharon Baird
- Nicole Bowman, MBA
- Paige Cardwell
- David DuBois, CMP, CAE, FASAE, CTA
- Amy Durkin, CEM, CMP
- Chuck Grouzard
- Kristofer Herlitz, HMCC
- Rick Jennings, CEM
- Wayne Litsky
- Michael McMahon
- Vincent Polito
- Susan Schwartz, CEM
- Ian Sequeira
- Timothy Sheetz, CEM
- John Toner, V
- James Wurm
- Jodi Yauch
About Exhibitions Mean Business
Established in 2011, Exhibitions Mean Business (EMB) was created to unify the exhibitions and events industry and better advocate the benefits of face-to-face meetings as the primary marketing medium for business growth and economic development. EMB is the only unified effort driven by members of the exhibitions industry, including professional associations, venue and convention center operators, exhibitions-focused service providers, convention and visitors bureaus and other travel and tourism organizations. EMB promotes the values of the industry through strategic advocacy campaigns, media relations efforts and stakeholder engagement initiatives. Visit www.exhibitionsmeanbusiness.org for more information.
About Go LIVE Together
Go LIVE Together, in partnership with Freeman, the global live events company, comprises a coalition of 80 founding partners representing over 4,000 companies with operations in the U.S. and 112 other countries. The coalition has assembled to ensure that, when the health crisis is over, the voices and concerns of the live events industry are addressed in local, state and federal recovery funding related to COVID-19. The live events industry is a diverse, valuable and vibrant ecosystem that contributes nearly $1 trillion to the U.S. economy and employs millions of workers. Visit www.golivetogether.com to learn more and support this initiative. Engage with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn using #GoLiveTogether. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Trusted since 1928, IAEE provides quality and value to its members through leadership, service, education and strong relationships. IAEE is the largest association of the exhibitions and events industry in the world, with a membership of show organizers, exhibitors and exhibition suppliers. Organizers of more than 20,000 exhibitions and buyer-seller events around the world are members of IAEE, and the organization advocates and promotes the awareness of face-to-face exhibitions and events as the primary medium for business development and growth. IAEE provides relevant, timely, and innovative education to its members and the industry. IAEE recognizes its strategic partners: 4imprint, BearCom, Buttine Exhibition Insurance, Convention News Television (CNTV), Delta Airlines, New Orleans & Company, New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Orange County Convention Center, Personify – A2Z Events, Streampoint Solutions and Synchronicities (Visit Anaheim, Visit Baltimore and Visit San Antonio). Visit www.iaee.com for more information.
Sr. PR/Communications Manager
+1 (972) 687-9226