Megan Bearce, LMFT
Therapist, Speaker, Coach, and Author
Megan Bearce is a licensed therapist, speaker, coach, and author of Super Commuter Couples: Staying Together When a Job Keeps You Apart. She is a sought-after speaker and writer on workplace mental health, burnout, business travel wellness, and perfectionism and has been interviewed as an expert by SHRM, BBC, Forbes, MarketWatch, and CBS Evening News. She holds a MA in Clinical Psychology, a LMFT license, and is a former CPA, bringing a wide range of knowledge and experience to her presentations and work with clients.
Offered Sessions – please feel free to discuss any session ideas with the speaker directly
You Don’t Have to Do It All: The Quest for Work-Life Balance©
Society tells us that “We can do anything!”, but many people instead hear, “We have to do everything…perfectly.” We all know that perfection is an unrealistic goal, but the continued quest for it, especially when juggling the responsibilities of home and work, often leaves us overwhelmed from trying to do it all. This presentation will reveal 2 stress-reducing mottos to incorporate into your daily life along with a list of relevant resources to support this shift and participants will engage in a short exercise to learn where to begin.
- How to quiet critical self-talk.
- How to reduce feelings of guilt.
- How to shift your thinking from “I should” to “I want to.”
Mental Health & Burnout: Strategies for Increasing Resilience©
Recognizing the associated health risks of burnout is imperative and mental health awareness is important now more than ever. Because of COVID-19, families around the globe are together at home and dealing with the stressors of job insecurity, distance learning, remote work, and the uncertainties and anxieties that come with this new “normal”. A licensed mental health professional, Megan will discuss stress, anxiety, and depression and share strategies for building resilience and reducing overwhelm so you can walk away with concrete tools for yourself, your friends, and your colleagues. It’s time to get inspired and educated about ways to increase your self-care and reduce burnout!
- Gain an understanding of ambiguous loss and how it impacts our emotions and behaviors.
- Utilize stress reduction techniques to help reduce feelings of anxiety.
- Identify resources for resilience building and stress management.
Empathy and Leadership: Key Aspects of Workplace Mental Health©
Burnout has grown into a global epidemic and it is important for corporations to expand workplace mental health efforts
to include looking at the issue from a systemic perspective. One way to make a longer-lasting impact? Empathic leadership. A licensed mental health professional, Megan Bearce, LMFT will examine the interconnectedness of empathy
and successful leadership, discuss some of the new data, and share strategies to bring back to the office as we return to a new type of workplace.
- Describe the multiple factors connecting workplace mental health, burnout, employee retention, and empathic
- List the potential short-term and long-term impacts of an empathetic leadership style.
- Identify leadership strategies for cultivating a successful post-COVID workplace.
Travel Policy and Mental Health: Strategies for Road Warrior Retention©
Workplace anxiety, depression, and burnout are on the rise and it’s costly. Companies depend on their road warriors to deliver significant value, but many firms are unaware of the considerable toll frequent travel takes on them. This session, led by licensed mental health professional, author and speaker Megan Bearce, a road warrior expert, reveals
the major causes of traveler friction and offers practical ways that travel managers and HR can reduce the costs of travel friction and increase employee recruitment, retention, health, and wellness.
- Analyze current travel policies for ways to improve road warrior recruitment, retention, and health.
- Describe the two major causes of travel friction for frequent business travelers.
- Identify the effects of travel friction and how they relate to the concept of ambiguous loss.
Together at Home: Strategies for Families Navigating COVID-19
Frequent business travelers often report that relationship challenges are most common when they return home and the family adjusts to living together again. Because of COVID-19, families around the globe are spending weeks together at home and dealing with the stressors of job insecurity, distance learning, working from home, and the uncertainties and anxieties that come with this new “normal”. As a licensed mental health professional, I will share strategies to help you and your employees navigate this new level of togetherness.
- Gain an understanding of ambiguous loss and how it impacts our emotions and behaviors.
- Utilize stress reduction techniques to help reduce feelings of anxiety.
- Identify resources to support employees in resilience building and stress management.
SMB Strategic Media LLC
Shakira M. Brown is an award-winning Professional Branding & Business Communication Speaker (https://shakirabrown.com) and former network television broadcast journalist. She is the CEO of SMB Strategic Media LLC (www.pradviser.net), a firm that helps businesses get to the heart of why the customers/clients buy their goods and
service helping them clarify their message via strategic brand messaging. Her clients have included medium to large medical practices, professional services firms, insurance brokers, national associations, professional organizers, consumer brands, celebrities, personalities and Fortune 500 companies. Shakira is also the lead marketing consultant for
America’s Small Business Development Center at The College of New Jersey. She has won over 13 industry awards in various disciplines for her work. Shakira frequently shares her expertise at national conferences and corporate workshops and she is a professional member of the National Speakers Association. She shares her thought leadership with the media outlets such as American Express Open, Crain’s Chicago, PR Week, Brand Week, Institutional Investor, Smart Money and she is also a contributing writer for Black Enterprise.com.
Build Your Resilience! Leveraging Emotional Intelligence to Manage Difficult Situations
Track(s): Personal Development/Management/Soft Skills
Today’s leaders at all levels are no longer expected to be perfect – they are expected to be human.
They are encouraged to be vulnerable in front of their teams, share what is on their minds, and listen more than they speak. This type of transparency is necessary in order to build trust that drives growth and fuel innovation. However, this may be easier said than done when the softskills necessary to display these critical traits are not present in leaders.
In this presentation, Awarding-Winning Leadership Communication Strategist and National Professional Speaker, Shakira M. Brown, will share the skills necessary to exhibit the behaviors of a leader with integrity. She will reveal how to establish a stronger rapport with staff, volunteers and partners by leading authentically and communicating your vision with confidence and charisma to transform profits, performance and team culture.
- Learn to lead with integrity for a powerful, lasting impact.
- Recognize and use the four ‘I’s of transformational leadership.
- Practice better self-leadership.
- Develop charismatic behaviors and improve your skills of persuasion.
Tell Me a Story! Convert More New Business with Strategic Storytelling
Track: Sales & Marketing
Have you noticed that your peers and/or competitors all talk about what makes their organization special and tend to say the same thing? More often than not the people you want to reach and resonate with will not be convinced by facts. They don’t just want to know about what you do, serve or sell—they want to know why. Compelling and inspiring stories about you, your stakeholders and your organization will convey the value of your offers more efficiently while making what you do best stand out above the competition.
In this presentation, Award-Winning Branding & Leadership Communication Strategist, Shakira M. Brown, will uncover the value of storytelling through various mediums to market your services in a meaningful way. Discover how to curate and showcase your stories using cost effective tools, in addition to, leveraging social media channels to create a more lasting impact for your brand. Uncover methods to master generating content that engages and inspires your audience
- Why you should to move to a storytelling centric mindset for your marketing strategy.
- Effective ways to create, curate and share engaging content to share.
- Encourage stakeholders and partners to generate content that tells your story for you.
- How other brands are using storytelling successfully—and what you can learn from their results.
Brand You: Listen More to Amplify Your Personal Influence Track: Personal Development
As a sales pro, you are tasked with communicating during all stages of the sales cycle. Each of
these stages require unique ways in which influence and persuasion can be used to attain the result you want. Whether you are selling goods and services to meeting planners or tasked with securing sponsorships dollars, it is essential for everyone to communicate as clearly as possible – especially with decision makers. Failure to properly communicate during crucial stages of the sales cycle may lead to a lackluster revenue stream and missing your annual goals. During this presentation, Award-Winning Branding and Communication Strategist, Shakira M. Brown, will outline proven strategies for the variety of communication challenges meetings, events and exhibition sales pros face.
Participants will learn powerful methods to influence and persuade to take their work plans to new heights. Plus, Brown will examine communication techniques that can be used with clients/prospects to strengthen relationships and to breakthrough to utterly resistant prospects.
- Understand how to leverage influential and persuasive communication for new business conversations, networking, prospecting and closing.
- Proactively communicate including different methods of asking the right questions for maximum success.
- Use techniques for removing nonverbal barriers to communication (that you likely didn’t even know were
Robyn Davis, CPTD
Known for her fresh perspective and process-driven approach to exhibitor success, Robyn Davis, CPTD is IAEE’s 2021 “Educator of the Year.” She serves on the national membership engagement committee and her local chapter’s board of directors.
Through her company, Exhibitors WINH, Robyn creates custom exhibitor success programs for major American trade show organizers – teaching their exhibitors the strategies required to “win” at their trade shows and, as a result, often improving their exhibitor engagement, satisfaction/results, and retention. Robyn’s certification is in talent development (training) and her degree is in Aerospace Engineering. To learn more, please visit ExhibitorsWINH.com or request to connect with her on LinkedIn.
Peer-to-Peer Brainstorming: How to Improve Your Event-Related Productivity
Event professionals on both sides of the aisles are being tasked to do even more with even less… fortunately, with your
peers by your side, you can! In this highly interactive session, you will:
- Meet other ambitious event professionals who also want to improve their event-related productivity
- Exchange insights and brainstorm new ideas to improve in three key areas: personal/professional growth,
working with stakeholders, and effective goal setting
- Share your takeaways and map out clear next steps to apply what you’ve learned right away
Quick Tips to Create an Even More Effective Exhibitor Communications Plan
Communication is essential for healthy relationships, including those between an organizer, their supplier partners, and
their exhibitors – in this session, you will:
- Identify valid reasons why exhibitors don’t always read your emails or heed your advice (and learn how you can
overcome those challenges).
- Create a roadmap for your future communications, outlining specific topics/themes, timing, and communication methods that align with your goals.
- List extra tips and tools to help you execute your plan properly, even if your resources are very limited.
** Want a more collaborative session with extra examples and interaction? Choose just 1-2 takeaways above to focus on with your chapter.
Every Event Professional can be an Effective Advocate – Especially You!
Now more than ever, our industry needs your help – in this session, you will:
- Discuss the importance and value of choosing to become an advocate.
- Identify the top two ways you can help our industry today and every day.
- Demonstrate how to be an advocate (outlining a super simple five-step plan and practicing advocacy with a quick and easy activity).
Yes, You Can Support Every Single Exhibitor and Sponsor Effectively – Here’s How!
Every single exhibitor and sponsor deserves your support – in this session, you will:
- Identify 8+ categories of exhibitors and sponsors who each need your help in their own ways.
- List 7 types of help your exhibitors and sponsors need, plus 3 levels of service you should consider providing.
- Outline a simple 3-step action plan to immediately implement what you’ve learned (to better support all of your
exhibitors and sponsors moving forward).
** Want a more collaborative session with extra examples and interaction? Choose just 1-2 takeaways above to focus on with your chapter.
Meg has worked for (or with) some of the biggest brands you know. Her career spans several markets including hotel, CVB, industry associations, event technology and strategic partnerships, where she has been both a buyer and seller.
Meg is best known for motivating sales and marketing teams, driving strategy and connecting people. She started
FazeFWD, a sponsorship management company, because she saw the need to elevate the conversations between organizers and brand partners for the mutual goal of increasing attendee engagement.
Meg is a well-known speaker who has been a featured expert in all the major meeting and event industry publications, including MPI’s The Meeting Professional and PCMA’s Convene. When she’s not focused on creating the next big thing in
the meeting and event industry, you’ll often find Meg on the water as a world champion dragon boater—she was a
member of the gold medal-winning team at the International Dragon Boat Championships in Italy in 2016 and Hungary
Digital Sponsorship Possibilities
When we return to an in-person event landscape, incorporating some sort of digital experience will be commonplace, if not mandatory. Learn best practices and innovative ideas on how to maximize your sponsorship dollars to deliver an amazing event.
- Learn how to build a strategy to monetize your digital events
- Understand opportunities and pitfalls
- Discover new paths monetization
The Dollars & Sense of Sponsorships
Attendees will walk away with a strong basic understanding of how to build their sponsorship strategy.
- Create Realistic Goals
- Prospectus Development
- Building Strong Ecosystem
Building Your Sponsorship Strategy
Attendees will learn how to look at their sponsors, prospectus, expo as part of their event strategy not just revenue
- How to building a 3 Year Sponsorship Strategy.
- How the Right Strategy will Impact Your Entire Meeting.
- Learn How to Incorporate the Examples and Opportunities that will be Shared in the Session
Attendees will learn what is new in the world of sponsorship.
- How and When to Incorporate New Ideas
- How to Build a Strong Sponsor Eco-System
- Learn What’s Next
Danny Friedman is a multimillion-dollar sales professional with over 30 years of experience. He has achieved success in the office equipment, commercial real estate, sporting goods and the promotional products industries. In 2007, Danny
started DANNY, Inc. which is a sales training company which features Danny’s highly energized style of speaking that is not only educational but inspirational. He is recognized as an expert in the world of sales and his sessions are a “must
see”. His pragmatic style delivers a winning message to each one of his audiences whether it’s 25 or 1,000 people.
Danny speaks at national association tradeshows as well as corporate functions and is demand both domestically and internationally. Danny lives in San Diego.
Seeds of Success! Growing, Cultivating and Managing Your Customer Base
- Learn what it takes to get started in a sales career.
- How to work “Smart” not just hard.
- How to maintain and build on your current customer base.
Close That Deal! Master Closing Skills and Making More Money
- How closing is not just for the sale.
- Learn the ABC’s (Always Be Closing) of closing.
- How clients expect you to close.
Price Wars! Dealing with Price Objections and Coming out Ahead
- Learn how an objection is a positive.
- How not to give away money if you don’t have to.
- How to train your prospects/clients to do business how you want to do business (Win-Win scenario not adversarial).
3 P’s of Success! Prepared, Practice and Positive: Are You Ready to Be the Best Sales Professional You Can!
- How learning the 3 P’s are essential to your sales success.
- What to do to get into the right mind set.
- How mastering these skills will advance your career.
Sales is a Contact Sport: Are You on The Top of Your Client’s Mind?
- How to master TOM(Top of Mind) Relationship building.
- Learn techniques on how to be the 1st person your client thinks of for any situation.
- Learn about HOT BUTTONS of your client.
Are You Stuck in a Rut? How to Get Your Business Reenergized Fast!
- How to jump start activity when you’re in a rut.
- How “Activity breeds Activity”
- Learn how getting back to the basics will get you out of a rut.
Jenni Hesterman (Colonel, U.S. Air Force, retired)
Vice President, Business Resiliency
Watermark Rick Management International
Dr. Jennifer Hesterman is a retired Air Force colonel who served in three Pentagon tours and commanded in the field multiple times. Her last assignment was Vice Commander at Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland, where she led installation security, force support, and the 1st Helicopter Squadron, and regularly escorted the President and other heads of State on the ramp. She is the recipient of the Legion of Merit, the Meritorious Service medal with 5 oak leaf clusters and the Global War on Terrorism Service medal.
After her military retirement in 2007, Dr. Hesterman started working as a private contractor in Washington, DC studying
international and domestic terrorist organizations, transnational threats, organized crime and the terrorist and criminal
exploitation of the Internet. She is presently Vice President, Watermark Risk Management International, advisor to the
Crisis Response Journal and advises the Homeland Security Training Institute at the College of DuPage in Chicago. In
addition to providing soft target security assessments, she designs and instructs graduate level security courses for the
Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency, Department of Defense.
She holds a doctoral degree from Benedictine University, Master of Science degrees from Johns Hopkins University and
Air University, and a Bachelor of Science degree from Penn State University. In 2003, she was a National Defense Fellow
at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C. where she studied the terror-crime nexus; her
resulting book, Transnational Crime and the Criminal-Terrorist Nexus, won the Air Force Research Award for 2004. She is
a 2006 alumnus of the Harvard Senior Executive Fellows program and was a senior fellow at the Center for Cyber and
Homeland Security at George Washington University from 2016-2018.
An academic author for the Taylor & Francis Group, Dr. Hesterman’ s book Soft Target Hardening: Protecting People from Attack was the ASIS Security Industry Book of the Year for 2015. The second edition received the same honors in 2019 and was the Social Sciences Book of the Year for Taylor & Francis. She also authored Soft Target Crisis Management (2016) and The Terrorist-Criminal Nexus (2013).
Dr. Hesterman is a sought-after public speaker, with over 60 keynotes, guest speaking and training events in the U.S. and
abroad since 2007 for ASIS, FBI, DHS, DoD, state and local law enforcement, Fortune 100 companies and Major League
Emergent Security Threats: What Leaders Need to Know
This fast-paced briefing provides up-to-the-minute information on emergent threats to leaders, managers, operators, and analysts better assess vulnerabilities and develop a targeted security plan for their facilities and event venues. Presented to the International Association of Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Virtual Leadership Forum in May, 2021 and the State Department’s International Visitor Leadership Program in September, 2021.
- Understand the human factor in security and how complacency, denial, distraction, radicalization et al behaviors of the citizenry impact security planning.
- Increase awareness of current threats from international and domestic terror groups, violent criminals, lone actors and insiders.
- Explore emergent threats and plots, such as the targeting of first responders and use of human shields as an asymmetric tactic.
- Understand the vulnerability of soft targets and why they are attractive to bad actors.
- Learn about the latest asymmetric hardening tactics and targeted recommendations to lower vulnerability.
Securing Public Spaces: A Practical Exercise
Attendees arrive with a public space or mass gathering in mind. After an overview of current threats, the presenter, a soft target hardening expert, introduces an assessment tool used by law enforcement to help organizations determine their vulnerability to acts of violence. Lessons learned from recent attacks and other tactical information is interwoven into the session to add context. Participants leave with a scored assessment and unique ideas for securing their operating location. Presented as part of the National Safety Council’s Impact Track in April, 2021.
- Learn how to conduct a thorough and accurate vulnerability assessment.
- Know how to use a completed vulnerability assessment to prepare a safety, security and crisis response plan.
- Understand how emergent threats and recent attacks impact vulnerability assessments and ongoing security
Insider Threat: Cross-applying Government Strategies to the Private Sector
As if securing our organizations wasn’t already complex enough with myriad bad actors and tactics, we now must factor in the growing insider threat to organizations. The U.S. government has a new insider threat program to protect can’tfail national security programs, including those in the nuclear realm. Information and lessons learned from the government sector can easily be cross-applied to all organizations struggling to address insider threat challenges. Presented live at the ASIS GSX Global Security Conference in Orlando, September 2021.
- Define the 5 insider threat categories.
- Identify key challenges to detecting insider threat.
- Understand how the Internet is fueling insider threat.
- Learn how the government establishes benchmarks and continuously evaluates employees and their activities to lower the possibility of, detect and mitigate insider threat.
Why People Radicalize: An Inside Look at Domestic Violent Extremism
According to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas: “Domestic violent extremism poses the most lethal and persistent terrorism-related threat to our country today.” Security teams are understandably concerned
about the heightened potential for ideologically-motivated violence from Domestic Violent Extremists (DVEs) in the United States. Actors are motivated by a variety of ideologies, whether political, economic, religious or single issue, such
as environmental. Understanding motivations and the threat to your organization by external and internal actors is critical to inform your security planning. Presented as part of Topo.ai’s 2021 Educational Webinar series for corporate
- Understand the definition of extremism and explore why and how people radicalize.
- Learn about the primary Domestic Violent Extremist (DVE) groups, motivations and tactics.
- Comprehend specific threats DVEs pose and how might they bring danger to your doorstep.
- Explore current government activities to counter DVEs.
Women in the Workplace: How to Achieve Balance and Remove Barriers to Success
Women have a unique set of challenges, whether working in male-oriented workplaces or C-Suite positions – yet they can be extraordinarily successful! We discuss the unique traits women bring to the workplace and how to harness and leverage them for success. Using her own journey navigating a fast-track military career, marriage to another senior military officer and parenthood, the speaker will help identify barriers, some we unknowingly create, and provide solutions for making them turnstiles to success. In order to achieve our greatest potential, we must seek to understand what drives us towards leadership roles, develop a compass, prioritize our time, make life and work decisions around what is most important and obtain balance for personal and professional well-being and enhanced success. This session is for women and men who work with, for and supervise women – everyone! Presented as part of a military women’s panel at the ASIS GSX Global Security Conference, September 2021.
- There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path; don’t allow yourself to be one of them!
- There are unique stresses on women in in the workplace
- Knowledge of self is key: as women, we must be introspective and honest about our difficulty achieving balance – and how this ultimately impacts our success
- We must take control of our most precious and ever-dwindling resource: time
- Mentoring is key, and successful cross-gender mentoring is not only possible, but a powerful tool
Expert Connector, Author, Coach
Life is Powered By Connection. And it’s all about a deep sense of belonging.
Myriad experiences have fueled Ginger’s desire to teach the world the profound and fabulous
possibilities meaningful human connection offers. She studies and teaches the Power Of Connection across the globe, via keynotes, professional development and books.
Ginger has quickly become a conference favorite and delivers a boost of positive energy, big-thinkings and practical tactics. Stories, interaction and unique experiences help her client partners think and rethink, helping them achieve every outcome they want.
She’s the author of 2 books including the Connectivity Canon: Why and How to Connect with People on Purpose with a Service Mindset, and a proud member of IAEE. Ginger lives in Montana with her Fine Husband and their dogs and is often
hosting dinner parties.
- Have A Seat At The Table: Bringing Leaders & Teams Together
- Ignite Connection: Re/Connecting with Purpose and SuperPowers
- Powered By Connection, featuring the Connecting Growth Model
Ginger’s teaching is based on the foundation and elements of human connection. Every class is classic structure + tailored for the specific group. Guests are invited to interact as soon as we engage, including short kickoff & review meetings to set up for best success, and a request to reply to 1 – 3 primary questions in advance of the session, to guide specifics to fit the groups.
Vice President, Marketing & Industry Relations
Jim is a 30 plus year industry veteran who approaches each day looking out the front windshield and not in the rearview mirror; there is a reason windshields are so much larger than mirrors. Having been fortunate to work and gain perspective working in various industry segments to include audiovisual & production along with time on the facility side both at hotels and convention centers, Jim returned to his roots in the Official Service Contractor space in 2019. He is currently the Vice President of Marketing and Industry Relations for Fern. Additionally, Jim is an active member of the industry operating in various volunteer leadership roles with IAEE, PCMA, the Corporate Event Marketing Association and the Incentive Research Foundation, currently serving as the 2022 Board Chair.
As a life-long learner, Jim has leaned on his academic background in Political Science and Higher Education Administration to build an approach and philosophy of “Be for something, not against something.” Based on this, he believes strongly in the power of positive thinking and perspective. Much like the bourbon he loves so much his approach to life and work recognizes the importance of the right ingredients, a robust process, some patience, and a willingness to share your knowledge to help others. With that perspective, you are sure to move forward in the pursuit of your own goals in ways you could never imagine.
YOU SEE LIMITATIONS I SEE OPPORTUNITIES TO INNOVATE…
Our industry has long been one full of innovation and operating with an underlying principle of not ever believing in can’t. 2020 and 2021 are years that will forever shape our industry and, in many cases, will have a significant impact on how we think about our approach in dealing with limitations to bring innovation and change in both our professional and personal lives.
The ability to see beyond the limitations that may be in front of you and navigate around it should be seen as an opportunity to innovate, not a stop sign. Organizational innovation is no longer the responsibility of the C-Suite; it is the obligation of everyone within the organization. An innovation mindset will help you reach your goals professionally and personally while also keeping you focused on what can occur and the future you want to happen.
- Establish a methodology for innovation.
- Craft a pull vs. push approach that supports innovation.
- Understand the value of perspective, time, and mindset to overcome limitations.
Speaker |Author | Coach | Licensed Professional Counselor
Board Certified Fellow in Neurofeedback Cogmed Working Memory Qualified Coach
Licensed HeartMath Certified Trainer
972-NEURO TX / 972-638-7689
Sampling of speaking: TEDX –https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q2aPmNdhI8
YouTube Playlist –
Dee is a Licensed Professional Counselor in Texas. Dee is trained in the Results Systems Coaching Model and is a graduate of Fielding University’s Evidence Based Coaching Certification Program. She is a Board-Certified Associate Fellow in Neurofeedback (BCN) by the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA). Neurofeedback is a specialized EEG-Guided biofeedback. She is a member of the American Psychological Association (APA), the International Society for Neurofeedback and Research (ISNR), and the Mid Atlantic Society for Biofeedback and Behavioral Medicine.
Dee has specialized training and experience in neuroscience and consults on many areas of counseling and coaching, psychology, general brain fitness, and neurotherapy. Dee graduated from Chaminade University of Honolulu in 2001 with a master’s degree in Counseling Psychology, with a specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy. Her undergraduate work was in Human Health and Exercise Science at the University of Hawaii.
Dee has worked for more than eight years in a variety of mental health settings to provide support services to families, as well as individuals with developmental disabilities and neuropsychological concerns. Past training and experience include working with Victor Valcour, MD, and Pamela Poff, PhD, on the “Memory Study,” a project of the University of Hawaii NeuroAIDS Specialized Neuroscience Research Program (NINDS, NIH), and an HIV-related dementia research study. She has an extensive background in conducting testing for neuropsychological assessments with children,
adolescents, and adults with a wide variety of neurodevelopmental disorders, attention and learning disorders, psychiatric problems, neurological difficulties, conduct problems, and personality disorders. Dee worked closely with
neuropsychologist and mentor William R. Stixrud, PhD, and Robb Mapou, PhD, in Silver Spring, Maryland. She is also certified through Dr. Stixrud’s “Strategies That Work” Tutor Training Program.
Dee was a research coordinator in traumatic brain injury research with the Neuroscience Research Center of the National Rehabilitation Hospital in Washington, DC, coordinating research projects with William Garmoe, PhD, and Tresa Roebuck-Spencer, PhD.
What is Your Brain Wired For?
3 Distinct yet interwoven talks exploring how your brain works and how to make it work better.
- Wired for Wonder – Rewire Your Brain for Reverence – Signature Speech.
- Wired for Wellness – Rewire Your Brain for Resilience.
- Wired for Work – Rewire Your Brain for Reasoning.
Wired for Wonder:
Harnessing the Brain Science of Awe and Wonder to Optimize Your Resilience to Stress and Maximize Performance
What is your brain wired for? Where does your mind go when left to its own devices? Stress, worry, and status quo? Or happiness, joy, even awe? Using what we know and applying it to life and work allows the communities of people we serve to benefit from this growing body of scientific knowledge.
Awe and wonder have seemed to be a mystery historically, aligned more with highly unusual or rare experiences. Recent findings highlight that awe is a fundamental human emotion. We are learning that not only do humans naturally experience awe but that we are, in all likelihood, wired to do so. This means we can improve upon and increase the awe in our lives and in the lives of our communities. The positive effects are vast for personal lives and for advancing the causes and strategic objectives of organizations.
Participating in this session will allow you to:
- Explore how the mindset of wonder and the resulting experience of awe can be transformative.
- Expand knowledge on how awe benefits psychology and physiology.
- Experience more awe personally and professionally, shifting from awe-deprived to awe-inspired.
Wired for Wellness:
Hardwire Healthy Habits: Break the Brain Pain Cycle, How Your Brain Works and How to Make it Work Better
People show up at work at their best when their body and brain are functioning in their optimal range. What if there were simple tools, strategies, and resources that could be implemented in the workplace to enhance staff professionally, but also personally? In this talk, Dee will share actionable ways to maximize performance and results, particularly in team connection and collaboration.
- Explore how easily our brains are impacted by lifestyle factors, stress, and burnout.
- Expand knowledge on practical tools, strategies, resources available to enhance performance.
- Experience improved collaboration and teamwork with deeper understanding of brain science.
Debbie Peterson of Getting to Clarity
Business Keynote Speaker, Career Growth Strategist, Mentor
See Debbie in Action
Book Debbie to Speak
Check out the Getting to Clarity Podcast Watch Debbie’s Videos
Business Keynote Speaker, Career Growth Strategist, Mentor
Debbie Peterson runs a speaking and coaching business to help her audiences and clients develop a focused mindset for fulfilling professional results by harnessing the power of their own answers.
Her audiences and clients have shared that they experience more clarity of career direction, producing better self-aligning decisions; an increased focus for clearer, consistent action; and more momentum, keeping them motivated and achieving the next level of success on their terms.
- Debbie is the creator of “Clarity Success Circle Mastermind,” and the “The Way Forward in Leadership & Life
Breakthrough Weekend,” for women leaders and emerging leaders who want to create next level success without the sacrifice that usually comes with it.
- She is the host of the Getting to Clarity Podcast, for busy women leaders who want to create MORE Success with Less Sacrifice in their life, and also The Clarity Community, launching soon!
- She is a professional member of the National Speakers Association, Women’s Speakers Association
Debbie has long been an advocate for professional women leaders and aspiring leaders. In 2015 she stepped onto the board of ATHENA International, a global organization committed to supporting, developing, and honoring women leaders. She is also a member of the International Women’s Forum, Women’s Business Collaborative, Network of Executive Women, and a mastermind facilitator for NAWBO.
On a personal note, Debbie boycotts winter and chases sunshine from Pennsylvania to Florida each year with her husband, Tom.
“Over my 30 years of producing large corporate events, I have worked with many motivational speakers. I would put Debbie Peterson in the very top tier of that group. She connects closely with her audience through real-life experiences, stories, and examples. I would highly recommend her!” – Tim Everitt, SilverBack Production Group
From Frustrated to FOCUSED: A Road Map to YOUR Career
In this highly interactive program, you’ll learn the 5 steps that increase your clarity of direction in your career. You’ll discover how to focus on the right opportunities, maintain your momentum and results, all without losing who you are and why you chose this profession in the first place.
The Successful Mentoring Mindset: Where Passion, People & Performance Intersect
Mentoring is a powerful process, but it isn’t always what you think it is. Discover the subtle nuances of mentoring and how you can put this powerful tool to work for you. Get Clarity on all of the different methods that can be utilized and walk out the door with a plan to implement a mentoring relationship that grows your career in ways you’ve never
From Chaos to Calm: Strategies to Navigate the Constantly Changing New Normal (Virtual & Workshop)
Have all your routines been thrown out the window? Does it seem like the confidence in what you know to be true has evaporated? You’re not alone. In this highly interactive presentation, you’ll discover techniques to deal with your stress and anxiety, strategies to regain productivity, and processes to calm the chaos and start to feel confident as you move forward in your career once again.
Step Up, Speak Up & Show Up
Whether you own your own business or work for a corporation —every aspect of your professional life involves how you step up, speak up, and show up with others. Confidence and internal and external communication skills are vital for you to succeed but are you aware of what may be sabotaging them? Confident communications is so much more than the words you speak and navigating your career or business is so much more than the skills you have. Take charge of your personal thoughts and experience the professional results that you deserve!
Communicating with Clarity: Showing Up as Your BEST Self for Clients, Customers & Co-Workers
In any organization, you need your team to work for the dream to work! But when communication and collaboration don’t happen, then productivity, performance, and profits don’t either. If you want your audience to be able to take their communication to the next level, then this is the program for you. Good communication is so much more than the words they speak. Allow them to take charge of their personal communications and experience the professional results that they deserve!
The Generational Imperative, Inc.
- Chuck Underwood is one of the half-dozen pioneering scholars – the so-called Lightning Bolt Six – who actually
created and then popularized the field of generational study. His own original principles are a permanent part of
- As the founder and principal of Ohio-based The Generational Imperative, Inc., a generational business
consultancy, he trains American business, government, education, religion, and all other sectors in the full list of
generational strategies. Three-plus decades of research and front-line application with an A-List of clients.
- His second book, America’s Generations In The Workplace, Marketplace, And Living Room, is the most
comprehensive presentation of generational dynamics and business strategies ever published.
- And he is the star of the PBS national-television series, America’s Generations With Chuck Underwood, the first such series in the history of national television.
- He is formally trained in qualitative research methodology and focus-group moderating and conducts proprietary generational research for his clients, including for the Events industry.
- Chuck had spent his earlier career in the mass media of radio and television, first as an award-winning broadcast journalist and national sports play-by-play announcer, and then as a creator and producer of original programming.
Generational Membership/Event Strategies
- Generations are living more isolated “silo” lives than at any time in American history and have less in common with other generations.
- There are six generations of living Americans, and a once-every-two-decades event is occurring NOW: the
newest generation is arriving.
- So: one-size-fits-all membership/event planning and marketing is dead.
- How do you craft and then market events that will successfully lure your targeted generation(s)?
Two fundamental truths help to explain the dramatic differences amongst the generations and the strategic imperative
for ALL event marketers to understand what’s behind those differences:
TRUTH # 1: Between birth and our early 20s, we form most of the core values and beliefs we’ll embrace for life. What we experience during our Formative Years, and are taught, will largely dictate our basic value system. And the age cohort
that shares the same formative years’ times and teachings will share the same core values and become a generation.
TRUTH # 2: Generational Core Values guide consumer decisions. So marketers must understand each generation’s unique core values and the times and teachings that shaped them.
Backed by three-plus decades of research – and with an uncommon passion for the subject – Chuck Underwood helps you to understand the core values and attitudes that drive each generation’s unique preferences, needs, and expectations for the shows they attend.
Bottom Line: generational strategies must become a permanent filter in your brain through which you run your creative work and final decisions on:
1. Membership/Event Marketing
2. Consumer and Market Research
3. Event Development, All Aspects
4. Event Marketing, Advertising, Promotion
5. The Event-Participant Experience
6. Post-Event Research
7. … and more.
AchieveNEXT Human Capital
Ed Wallace, Managing Director, AchieveNEXT Human Capital
Ed consults with and speaks for corporations and associations across the globe with a client list that is a Who’s Who of Fortune 500 companies. He is the author of Fares to Friends, Creating Relational Capital business Relationships That Last,
and his most recent, the #1 best seller, The Relationship Engine. Ed was recently published in the Harvard Business Review. In addition, he is currently on the Executive Education faculty for Drexel’s LeBow College of Business and Villanova University’s Human Resources Master’s program.
Times sure have changed in the past year. Businesses changed and people always seem to be changing. What doesn’t change is the value of building trusted relationships with customers colleagues, vendors. In a world where practically everything can be automated, commoditized or outsourced, trusted relationships are the constant – the North Star – that change the growth trajectories of individuals and companies.
Are you wanting to improve your business relationships and deepen opportunities to connect with your clients, customers and teams to maximize your value propositions? We’ve teamed up with Business Relationship Expert, Ed Wallace to bring your chapter three 3 powerful workshops which we hope will bring you the knowledge, tips and useful recommendations for developing your sales and relationship building skills and allow you to grow your business opportunities!
Create Competitor-proof Relationships
Join Ed Wallace, author of the #1 best seller The Relationship Engine, for this fast moving, immediately actionable, workshop on transforming contacts into high performing relationships. You’ll never take another relationship for granted after this workshop.
- Learn about Max the taxi driver’s competitor-proof approach to business relationships.
- Focus on improved relationship skills for in-person and virtual environments – listening, proactive problem solving, building trust, effective communication, and ensuring that a real personal connection is made with
members, customers, and prospects;
- Understand and apply the foundational Relational Capital Concepts;
- Displaying Worthy Intent;
- Understanding the essential qualities of Credibility; Integrity; Authenticity
- Locating the Relational GPS (Goals, Passions, and Struggles) of every business contact.
- Use the Relational Ladder® to transform contacts into high performing relationships.
Build Relationships with Your Ideal Buyers
Business relationship expert, Ed Wallace, shares how to advance relationship up the Relational Ladder® – developing credibility for yourself and your offerings through strong discovery and qualifying questions targeted at your ideal buyers’ Relational GPS®.
- Help utilize the concept of Relational GPS® to align some of your most important business relationships.
- Create targeted conversations aligned with the Relational GPS of each targeted buyer persona;
- Deliver strong discovery questions – stop asking “What’s keeping you up at night?”;
- Qualify your prospect using the simple B.A.N.T. approach.
Deliver Impactful Value Propositions
The biggest challenge for sales professionals is to translate their product and service benefits into the ‘language of the customer.’ Critically acclaimed author and business relationship expert, Ed Wallace, shares a simple three-step process
to develop and deliver a value proposition ‘in the moment’ for any sales opportunity.
- Identify your business’ true sources of value;
- Translate your sources of value into the language of the customer;
- Learn a simple, three-step process to create value propositions based on specific customer opportunities.
- Deliver impactful, consistent value propositions for each business opportunity;