IAEE will be hosting monthly Virtual Faculty BUZZ/Meet Ups.
The discussions will be structured to allow faculty to discuss pertinent and timely topics relevant to higher education faculty. This opportunity will allow participants the opportunity to build new connections, share experiences, knowledge, tips, resources and solutions in a casual, supportive and confidential setting, coming away with take-aways and personal action items to assist them in their personal and professional lives.
2022 schedule of activities:
- February 24 @ 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM CT
- March 31 @ 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM CT
- April 28 @ 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM CT
- May 26 – IMEX Frankfurt Virtual Faculty Engagement Program @ 9:00 AM CT – 11:00 AM CT
- June 30 @ 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM CT
- July, August (off for summer)
- September 22 @ 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM CT
- October – IMEX America in Vegas in person Faculty Engagement Program
IMEX America 2022 is back and will host faculty, students, and industry researchers for two days of faculty engagement.
The Faculty Engagement Program is supported through a partnership with the International Association of Exhibitions and Events® (IAEE). A key component of the ‘engagement’ is the presentations of academic papers focused on best practices in Meetings, Exhibitions, Events and Conventions.
IMEX, in partnership with IAEE, will present academic papers as part of its annual show, and invites academics and industry experts to submit academic papers (more rigorous than might appear in an industry journal but not necessarily as rigorous as might appear in a learned journal) focusing on a broad range of topics dealing with best practices in the meetings, exhibitions, events and conventions industry. Both empirical and conceptual works are encouraged and should represent a reasonable level of academic rigor.
All submissions will go through a refereeing process to determine acceptance. Presenters will have the choice of (1) making a stand-up presentation on October 12, (2) making a poster presentation on October 13, or (3) both stand up and poster presentation.
- For all presentations: submit a three-page abstract (double spaced and inclusive of titles, tables and references) plus cover page by September 9, 2022. Indicate author name and affiliation only on the cover page. Must be original work that has not been previously presented or published.
- All submissions should be .doc files.
- English is the official language of the conference and should be used in all submissions. Make submissions by September 9, 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org
A paper review committee of editors from the Journal of Convention and Event Tourism and expert researchers in the field will conduct a double-blind refereed screening of abstracts. Notices of acceptance will be sent by September 23, 2022. Once a paper is accepted, at least one author must register for and present the paper at IMEX America 2022. Registration is free and available on the IMEX America website.
PUBLICATION AND PRESENTATION PLAN
- Selected authors will present their papers in sessions to (1) faculty and industry on the show floor and (2) Future Leaders Forum at IMEX America.
- Posters will be posted in an electronic ‘proceedings’ on the IAEE website.
- Selected papers will go through additional review for potential publication in the Journal of Convention & Event Tourism after the conclusion of IMEX America.
- Selected papers can be displayed at IAEE Expo Expo, December 13 – 15, 2022.
The planned faculty engagement program will include:
- Industry Speakers
- Faculty Discussion Forum
- IAEE Faculty Resources
- IAEE Faculty Reception
- Time on the Show Floor and more!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE FACULTY ENGAGEMENT?
- Meeting and hospitality academics and educators
- Industry practitioners and consultants
- Representatives of professional industry associations
- Students and others interested in the field
We need to make plans for your attendance! Once you have registered for IMEX America and received your invite, please accept this so we can plan accordingly. We also need to know which of the following you plan to participate in:
- Submit a Paper (Due September 9, 2022)
- Stand up presentation (October 12)
- Poster Session (October 13)
Please confirm your participation via one of the Faculty Engagement Program chairs below, or reach out if you have any questions:
M.T. Hickman, CMP, Dallas College – Mthickman@DallasCollege.edu
George G. Fenich, PhD., East Carolina University – FENICHG@ecu.edu
Kristin Malek, PhD., CMP, DES, CHE, University of Nebraska – Lincoln – email@example.com
- November 17 @2:00 PM – 3:00 PM CT | REGISTER
- December – Expo! Expo!