2015 IAEE AWARDS
Each year, the International Association of Exhibitions and Events™ (IAEE) recognizes and awards professionals in the exhibitions and events industry for their contributions. Industry professionals can be nominated for any of the awards as long as they meet the criteria outlined by IAEE. These awards represent IAEE's highest honors and will be presented at Expo! Expo! IAEE's Annual Meeting & Exhibition.
The IAEE Awards Program is designed to recognize those professionals who have made outstanding contributions to the exhibitions and events industry. This is your chance to recognize an individual who has forged new ground within IAEE and/or the exhibitions and events industry. Nominate someone who has dedicated his/her career to the exhibition and event industry, has attained outstanding achievement and/or has contributed significantly to the profession.
Once nominations have been received, the IAEE Awards Committee and IAEE Board of Directors will make their final selections based on merit. The deadline for submitting nominations for the 2015 IAEE Awards is Friday, 12 June with the exceptions noted below.
Click on the links below to find complete information about the criteria and requirements for each award:
- Woman of Achievement
NOTE: The deadline for this award only is 27 February 2015.
- International Excellence
NOTE: The deadline for this award only is 9 March 2015.
- Distinguished Service
- Bob Dallmeyer Educator of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Outstanding Achievement in Industry Leadership
- Outstanding Achievement in Innovation in Business Solutions
- Outstanding Achievement in Marketing & Sales
- Young Professional of the Year
- Rookie of the Year
- In order to be eligible for a standard award, the nominee must be an active IAEE member or currently employed by an IAEE member company in good standing.
- Self-nomination is not permitted for any of the awards.
- The IAEE Board of Directors must approve all award recommendations of the Committee.
- IAEE staff may not submit names into nomination.
- Members of the Awards Committee may submit nominations but may not nominate an employee or employer for an award.
- Awards Committee members are not eligible for awards during their active term on the task force.
- Members of the IAEE Board of Directors are not eligible for awards during their active term on the board.
- Nominees who do not win but meet all criteria will be carried forward for two years, except in the following award categories: Outstanding Achievement in Innovation in Business Solutions, Outstanding Achievement in Marketing & Sales, Young Professional of the Year and Rookie of the Year.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO NOMINATORS
The Awards Committee is comprised of a number of exhibitions and events industry professionals who may or may not be familiar with the candidate you are recommending. To assist committee members make the best selection, please consider the following key questions and include as much material as possible about your nominee:
- Why is this person particularly noteworthy?
- What challenges had to be overcome? (Provide enough detail for the committee to ascertain if there was "above and beyond" behavior exhibited).
- If possible, provide metrics that quantify results and help provide perspective.
- Provide insights on how the candidate contributed to the improvement of our industry beyond simply doing their own job well.
HOW TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION
- Review all of the awards criteria and eligibility requirements.
- Decide for which award you would like to nominate someone, making sure all criteria for that award is met.
- Fill out the corresponding nomination form for that award.
- Provide all necessary background information citing why you think this candidate deserves the award(s) as specified by the award criteria.
- Click here to fill out the online nomination form and attach all supporting material.
- QUESTIONS? Click here to e-mail Mary Tucker or call +1 (972) 687-9226.
Click here for complete details about the 2014 IAEE Award Winners.