2014 IAEE AWARDS
Each year, the International Association of Exhibitions and Events™ (IAEE) recognizes and awards professionals in the exhibitions and events industry for their contributions. Industry professionals can be nominated for any of the awards as long as they meet the criteria outlined by IAEE. These awards represent IAEE's highest honors and will be presented at Expo! Expo! IAEE's Annual Meeting & Exhibition.
The IAEE Awards Program is designed to recognize those professionals who have made outstanding contributions to the exhibitions and events industry. The deadline for submitting nominations is Friday, 13 June 2014 with the exception of IAEE's newest award – IAEE International Excellence Award – which was due by Monday, 10 March 2014. As a member of the exhibition and event industry community, we value your opinion and invite you to nominate an individual for one of these prestigious honors.
Click on the links below to find complete information about the criteria and requirements for each award:
- NEW IN 2014! IAEE International Excellence Award
IMPORTANT NOTE: Deadline was 10 March 2014 for just this award
- Distinguished Service
- Educator of the Year
- IAEE Committee/Task Force Volunteer of the Year
- Outstanding Achievement in Industry Leadership
- Outstanding Achievement in Innovation in Business Solutions
- Outstanding Achievement in Marketing & Sales
- Young Professional of the Year
- Rookie of the Year
This is your chance to recognize an individual who has forged new ground within IAEE and/or the exhibitions and events industry. Nominate someone who has dedicated his/her career to the exhibition and event industry, has attained outstanding achievement and/or has contributed significantly to the profession. Professionals may be nominated for any of the awards as long as they meet the criteria outlined by IAEE.
Once nominations have been received, the IAEE Awards Committee will discuss each candidate’s qualifications in depth, and the final selection will be based on merit.
Call for Nominations
Download the complete 2014 Call for Nominations brochure now.
- IAEE staff are not eligible to submit nominations.
- IAEE Awards Committee members are not eligible for awards during their active term on the committee.
- Members of the IAEE Awards Committee may submit names into nomination but may not nominate an employee or employer for an award.
- Current IAEE Board of Directors members are not eligible for awards during their term.
- Those nominees who do not receive an award but do meet all eligibility requirements will be carried forward for two years for all awards except the Outstanding Achievement in Innovation in Business Solutions and the Outstanding Achievement in Marketing & Sales Awards, which will be considered only for the year in which they are nominated.
- The IAEE Board of Directors must approve all award recommendations submitted by the IAEE Awards Committee.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO NOMINATORS
The Awards Committee is comprised of a number of exhibitions and events industry professionals who may or may not be familiar with the candidate you are recommending. To assist committee members make the best selection, please consider the following key questions and include as much material as possible about your nominee:
- Why is this person particularly noteworthy?
- What challenges had to be overcome? (Provide enough detail for the committee to ascertain if there was "above and beyond" behavior exhibited).
- If possible, provide metrics that quantify results and help provide perspective.
- Provide insights on how the candidate contributed to the improvement of our industry beyond simply doing their own job well.
HOW TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION
- Review all of the awards criteria and eligibility requirements.
- Decide for which award you would like to nominate someone, making sure all criteria for that award is met.
- Fill out the corresponding nomination form for that award.
- Provide all necessary background information citing why you think this candidate deserves the award(s) as specified by the award criteria.
- Click here to fill out the online nomination form and attach all supporting material or mail all materials to:
IAEE Awards Call for Nominations
12700 Park Central Drive, Suite 308
Dallas, Texas USA 75251
or Fax the information to +1 (972) 458-8119.
- QUESTIONS? Click here to e-mail Mary Tucker or call +1 (972) 687-9226.