IAEE Welcomes Chairperson Robert McLean, Jr., CPA, CAE, CEM
December 5, 2019
2020 Board Election Results Announced
The International Association of Exhibitions and Events® (IAEE) announced the results of the elections for its 2020 Board of Directors. Members of IAEE’s Board of Directors are elected on an annual basis by the official voting member of each IAEE member company. All officers serve a term of one year, except the secretary/treasurer who may hold the office for two years. The directors each serve three years in staggered terms to ensure continuity in the governance of the association.
Robert (Bob) McLean, CPA, CAE, CEM is the Executive Vice President of the Promotional Products Association International. He was hired in June 2008 as its CFO, responsible for finance, IT and the Promotional Products Education Foundation, an independent 501c3. He was promoted to Executive Vice President in October 2011 and assumed additional responsibilities including the membership and trade show departments.
Prior to joining the association, McLean worked in the for-profit world, with small start-up companies and large global enterprises, including both private and public companies. His industry experience ranges from public accounting to manufacturing to service industries. He has held executive roles not only in finance and accounting, but also in operations, business development, mergers and acquisitions and administration.
As 2020 IAEE Chairperson, McLean will focus on the continuation of IAEE’s advocacy initiatives, which includes the organization’s work through the Exhibitions Mean Business Campaign.
“The business-to-business (B2B) connections forged from IAEE’s worldwide membership resonate throughout the exhibitions and events industry,” said McLean. “My goal as incoming chairperson is to advance IAEE’s global growth initiatives. As our members and industry become more international, I want to ensure that IAEE is the first place professionals turn to for connections, knowledge and advocacy. Also, having just served as CEIR’s chairperson, I want to increase the visibility and usage of the valuable research that CEIR produces.”
The newest members to the 2020 IAEE Board of Directors are:
- Director Christopher Harar, President, NTP Events, National Trade Productions, Inc.;
- Director Jennifer Heinold, CEM, Senior Vice President, Events, Access Intelligence LLC;
- Director KV Nagendra Prasad, CEM, COO, Hyderabad International Trade Exhibition Centre (HITEX Exhibition Centre); and
- Director Brian Scott, Chief Information Officer, Experient, a Maritz Global Events Company.
Continuing Board of Directors members include:
- Chairperson-Elect Carrie Ferenac, President, CNTV (Convention News Television);
- Secretary/Treasurer Yulita Osuba, CMP, Deputy Director, Orange County Convention Center;
- Immediate Past Chairperson Tom Cindric, Jr., CEM, President, Winsight Exhibitions, Winsight Media;
- Director Marie Browne, Group Vice President, LaunchPad, Reed Exhibitions;
- Director Chuck Grouzard, Executive Vice President, Exhibition Sales, GES;
- Director Kimberly Hardcastle-Geddes, CEM, President and Chief Account Strategist, mdg;
- Director Buffy Levy, Director, Event Services, SmithBucklin Corporation;
- Director Tim McGuinness, Staff Vice President Global Expositions, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC);
- Director Justine McVaney, Senior Vice President Event Planning and Operations, National Association of Broadcasters;
- Director Dennis Smith, Consultant – Event Strategy, Elevate Event Strategies; and
- Director Janet Sperstad, CMP, Program Director, Meeting and Event Management, Madison College.
Ex-officio Directors are:
- Xuebin Gu, CEM, Founder and CEO, WeMeet, representing the IAEE Asia Council;
- Jean Heis, CMP, Director, Meetings and Exhibits, Institute of Food Technologists, representing the Chapter Leaders Council;
- Mark Bogdansky, Vice President, Meetings and Events, Auto Care Association, representing the IAEE MATSO Council;
- Jonathan “Skip” Cox, President, Freeman, representing the Past Chairpersons’ Advisory Group; and
- Michelle Metter, Partner, Fast Forward Event Productions, representing the IAEE Consumer Events Council.
The announcement was made during Expo! Expo! IAEE’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition 2019 in Las Vegas, Nev. Click here for more details about the event.
Trusted since 1928, IAEE provides quality and value to its members through leadership, service, education and strong relationships. IAEE is the largest association of the exhibitions and events industry in the world, with a membership of show organizers, exhibitors and exhibition suppliers. Organizers of more than 20,000 exhibitions and buyer-seller events around the world are members of IAEE, and the organization advocates and promotes the awareness of face-to-face exhibitions and events as the primary medium for business development and growth. IAEE provides relevant, timely, and innovative education to its members and the industry. IAEE recognizes its strategic partners: 4imprint, BearCom, Buttine Exhibition Insurance, Convention News Television (CNTV), Delta Airlines, New Orleans & Company, New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Orange County Convention Center, Personify – A2Z Events, Streampoint Solutions and Synchronicities (Visit Anaheim, Visit Baltimore and Visit San Antonio). Visit www.iaee.com for more information.
Sr. PR/Communications Manager