IAEE’s Women’s Leadership Forum has been designed to focus on topics that are unique to women in the exhibitions and events industry. It is tailored for all women regardless of age, individual situation or current position held within their company. The Forum will provide knowledge and strategies for attendees to succeed in their current positions, as well as provide motivation and inspiration to take their roles and careers to the next level, allowing them to grow personally and professionally while giving them the tools and resources to balance life along the way.
The forum is a 2 ½ hour program where attendees are eligible to earn 2 continuing education (CE) credit hours.
The 2022 Virtual WLF was a great success!
Here are the Top 10 Takeaways:
- Negotiation matters and is an extremely important tool for narrowing the gender pay gap
- Be bold! Don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself!
- Know Your Worth!
- In negotiations, be prepared, conduct salary research, know your personal metrics and consider your personal goals.
- Know your negotiation numbers:
- Aspiration Point (Your What or Wish – the best, albeit still-realistic, number or outcome)
- Target Point (Your Want – the most realistic or acceptable outcome)
- Reservation Point (Your Walk – the worst deal you are willing to accept)
- When it comes to making financial decisions, emotions, values and how we see ourselves is important (Based on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs)
- You have to Plan! Your financial future depends on it.
- Partners should discuss money and finances regularly – determine your needs and find a way to balance those needs.
- Money Matters are the #1 reason for divorce when partners are not on the same page.
- If you are spending money and it is affecting the future of your finances, that is not a good decision.