IAEE Hosts First Ever International Student Week
April 7, 2021
Program Features Diverse Presentations and Networking
The International Association of Exhibitions and Events® (IAEE) will host its inaugural International Student Week on 12-15 April 2021. The program allows students the opportunity to further engage as an IAEE member, reflect on the history of our industry, and meet and connect with fellow peers to establish a network for future success.
“Students are the next wave in our workforce, and it is important to nurture those connections and create the foundation for entering the exhibitions industry,” said IAEE Vice President of Learning Experiences Marsha Flanagan, M.Ed. “Student contributions to their schools, communities, and the future of the exhibitions and events industry are vital to the exhibitions ecosystem.”
“A career in exhibitions and events is exciting and rewarding, and we want to celebrate students for choosing this path,” added IAEE Director of Membership and Chapter Engagement Lisa Buchanan.
The IAEE International Student Week program will include the following sessions:
- IAEE Overview of Resources for Students
Monday, 12 April (12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CT/5:00 PM – 6:00 PM GMT)
- History of the Exhibitions Industry – Shifting to the Future
Tuesday, 13 April (12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CT/5:00 PM – 6:00 PM GMT)
- Unplugged Convo with IAEE Leaders: Stories to Connect, Engage and Inspire
Wednesday, 14 April (4:30 PM – 5:30 PM CT/9:30 PM – 10:30 PM GMT)
- Meet Your IAEE Peers – Build Your Network
Thursday, 15 April (7:00 AM – 8:00 AM CT/8:00 – 9:30 PM Beijing/12:00 PM GMT)
Presenters at IAEE International Student Week will include IAEE members representing various facets of the exhibitions and events industry along with members of the IAEE team:
- Shannon Binger, CEM, Sr. Manager, Meeting Services, American Thoracic Society
- Cathy Breden, CMP, CAE, CEM, IAEE EVP/COO and CEO, Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR)
- Nicole Bowman, MBA, IAEE Vice President, Marketing and Communications
- Lisa Buchanan, IAEE Director of Membership and Chapter Engagement
- Jannat Choudhury, CEM, IAEE Marketing Manager and Young Professionals Committee Staff Advisor
- Marsha Flanagan, M.Ed., IAEE Vice President, Learning Experiences
- Jessica Jia, CEM, IAEE China Office Representative
- Larry Kulchawik, Author, Trade Shows from One Country to the Next
- Rochelle Richardson, CEM, Senior Vice President, Exhibition and Event Services, AVIXA
- Janet Sperstad, CMP, Faculty Director, Event Management Business Solutions, Madison College
- Ching-Hui (Joan) Su, Ph.D., CEM, Assistant Professor, Event Management Program, Department of Apparel, Events, and Hospitality Management (AESHM), Iowa State University and 2020-2022 IAEE Chairperson of the Faculty Advisory Committee
- Paul Treanor, Senior Manager, Content & Community, Informa Markets Limited
- Ken Tsai, Ph.D., CAHTA, CHIA, CTA, Assistant Professor, Event Management Program, Department of Apparel, Events, and Hospitality Management (AESHM), Iowa State
Click here for complete information about IAEE International Student Week.
Trusted since 1928, IAEE provides quality and value to its members through leadership, service, education and strong relationships. IAEE is the largest association of the exhibitions and events industry in the world, with a membership of show organizers, exhibitors and exhibition suppliers. Organizers of more than 20,000 exhibitions and buyer-seller events around the world are members of IAEE, and the organization advocates and promotes the awareness of face-to-face exhibitions and events as the primary medium for business development and growth. IAEE provides relevant, timely and innovative education to its members and the industry. IAEE recognizes its strategic partners: 4imprint, Buttine Exhibition Insurance, Convention News Television (CNTV), Freeman, New Orleans & Company, New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Personify – A2Z Events, Swapcard and Synchronicities (Visit Anaheim, Visit Baltimore and Visit San Antonio). Visit www.iaee.com for more information.
Sr. PR/Communications Manager